Terms of Service
This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you (“you”) and the Go Green Foundation (“GGF,” “we,” “us”) concerning your use of the web site currently located at http://www.gogreenfoundation.com (the "Site"), together with any successor site(s) and all Services (as defined below).
1. Acceptance of Terms. The Site is made available by GGF subject to the terms of this Agreement. We reserve the right to make changes to this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the bottom of this Agreement. When using any Services (as defined below), you agree that you are subject to any additions to or changes in GGF's posted guidelines, rules, terms and conditions applicable to such Services, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
2. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by GGF from the United States, and is not intended to subject GGF to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. GGF does not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Description of the Services. We provide users of the Site with access to content, information and other materials relating to the advancement of sustainability and social entrepreneurship for youth, which content, information and materials may include, without limitation, the ability to (a) create and access user profiles, and use forums, blogs, chat and other social-networking services; (b) access the names of participants and other individuals who support young people in their efforts to advance sustainability engage in social entrepreneurship; (c) access audio clips, photographs, graphics, images, text, data, user comments, opinions, postings and messages and other similar content (such content and services, collectively, the "Services").
5. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the following rules of conduct; any failure to comply may also result in termination of your access to the Site pursuant to Section 16 below. You agree that you will not:
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense.
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware or software.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any representative of GGF; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without GGF's express prior written consent.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site without GGF's express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without GGF’s express prior, written consent.
6. Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may be required to register with GGF in order to access certain Services or areas of the Site. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion.
Your user name and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site, and agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name. You agree to immediately notify GGF of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
Forums, Profiles and Submissions. We and/or our third party service provider(s) may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards and forums, among other services) to which you may be able to post information and materials (each, a "Forum"). In addition, we may offer the opportunity to have "profile pages", and if so you may be able to post certain information and materials on your “profile page” (your "Profile").
Information in our Forums and in Profiles may be provided both by GGF and by third party visitors to the Site. Please note that Site visitors may post messages or make statements in the Forums and/or in Profiles that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. GGF neither endorses nor is responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in the Forums and in Profiles by third parties. Without limitation, GGF is not responsible for any information or materials made available through the Forums and Profiles (including without limitation errors or omissions in Forum postings or links or images embedded in Forum messages) or results obtained by using any such information or materials. Under no circumstances will GGF or its sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers or members, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information or materials. The opinions expressed in the Forums and Profiles reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of GGF.
In addition, GGF has no control over, and shall have no liability for, any damages resulting from, the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through any Forum, Profile or any other part of the Site. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN A FORUM, A PROFILE OR OTHERWISE ON THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
8. License. For any information and/or materials you submit through a Forum or a Profile, or otherwise to the Site (each, a “Submission”), you grant to GGF and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display and publicly perform such Submission, in any media now known or hereafter developed. For each Submission, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that each such Submission, and your provision thereof to and through the Site, comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
9. Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to do one or all of the following, at our discretion: (a) monitor Submissions and Forums; (b) alter, remove, or refuse to post or allow to be posted any Submission; and/or (c) disclose any Submissions, and the circumstances surrounding their transmission, to any third party (i) in order to operate the Site; (ii) to protect GGF and its respective sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers and members, and the Site's users and visitors; (iii) to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; (iv) to enforce this Agreement; or (v) for any other reason or purpose.
10. Donations and Other Purchases. We may allow you to make online donations and other purchases through the Site. If you wish to make a donation or purchase through the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your donation, including without limitation your financial account number, the routing number or expiration date of your credit card or debit card, your address for the financial account (such as your billing address), and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO INITIATE TRANSACTIONS (INCLUDING CREDIT OR DEBIT TRANSACTIONS) TO YOUR FINANCIAL ACCOUNT USING THE ACCOUNT NUMBER SUBMITTED TO US, SUCH AS YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER, USED TO MAKE ANY DONATION OR PURCHASE. By submitting such information, you grant GGF the right to provide such information about you and your financial account to third parties for purposes of facilitating the transaction initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any transaction.
11. GGF's Proprietary Rights. The information and materials made available through the Site, including the Services, are and shall remain the property of GGF and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and only for so long as you are permitted by GGF to access and use the Site, you may download and view one (1) copy of any materials available on the Site to which we provide you access, on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices included on or with such materials. Except as expressly authorized herein or in advance by GGF in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, all or any part of the Site or any materials made available through the Site.
Trade names, trademarks and service marks of GGF include without limitation:
Spare Our Planet, Ignite
and any associated logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by GGF are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by GGF, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of GGF trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
GGF contests, if any, are the property of GGF. GGF contests shall remain, within the URL domain of www.gogreenfoundation.com, the property of GGF. Promoting a GGF contest is not permitted without the express permission of a GGF staff member. Contest participants agree to abide by the rules and guidelines described in detail for each contest. GGF reserves the right to modify the rules, prizes or requirements of a contest in order to meet organizational needs. GGF will notify contest participants of any changes within thirty days following the end of a contest. Because Internet technology is subject to occasional interruptions in service, participants understand GGF is not responsible for contest entries that are not received by GGF due to technological issues. Additionally, it is each participant’s responsibility to ensure his/her contest entry is submitted and received by GGF staff. Participants in contests must agree to GGF’s aforementioned terms and conditions of service, including, but not limited to GGF’s age requirements. Interfering with or modifying the outcome or rules of a contest is strictly forbidden. You agree GGF is not liable for the content submitted during contests. Furthermore, you agree to only post media to which you have copyright permission to share with GGF’s online users.
12. Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because GGF has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that GGF is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that GGF neither endorses nor is responsible nor liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through such sites or resources. Other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that GGF does not endorse such sites, and is not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
GGF shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. GGF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. GGF WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, GGF WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE BY GGF OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF GGF AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO GGF TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE.
While we try to maintain the integrity and security of the Site and the servers from which the Site is operated, we do not guarantee that the Site will be or remain secure, complete or correct, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third party alteration to the Site, contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Third Party Alteration” that is description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the Site where such material(s) appear.
15. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GGF and its sponsors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers and members, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
16. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. GGF, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, at any time and for any reason, including that GGF believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement, and including for any violations or suspected violations of the Rules of Conduct set forth in Section 5 above. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that GGF may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that GGF shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination.
17. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction by the federal and state courts located in San Francisco, California., and you waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Before you assert any claim against us in any court, you must first raise that claim with us by contacting us by writing us at The Presidio, P.O. Box 29095, San Francisco, CA 94129-0095, and you must give us an opportunity to attempt to resolve the claim through discussions with you. Similarly, before we assert a claim against you in any court, we must first attempt to resolve the claim through discussions with you by contacting you at the most recent address that we have on file for you.
18. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send GGF a notice requesting that GGF remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send GGF a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
GGF – Privacy
950 Lincoln Boulevard, Suite 29095
San Francisco, CA 94129-0095
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
20. Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two web sites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that GGF does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such sites.
21. . Information or Complaints. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attention: Director of Global Digital Strategy” in the subject line. You may also contact us by writing to
GGF – Privacy
950 Lincoln Boulevard, Suite 29095
San Francisco, CA 94129-0095
Attention: Director of Global Digital Strategy
California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
22. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and GGF. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This, together with all policies referred to herein, is the entire Agreement between you and GGF relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and GGF relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, in GGF's discretion. The Site may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. GGF will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
Site © 2007 GGF: Innovators for the Public unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
LAST UPDATED: December 4, 2014